As your annual end-of-the-year reminder, here are two deadlines to watch.
1. Health insurance OPEN ENROLLMENT. As always, the most important thing to keep in mind is that if you do nothing (purposefully or by accidentally missing the deadline), as you watch your mail for the packet, you’ll always have plenty of time to make any necessary changes. We will be getting the word out as soon as the deadline time-frame has been finalized.
2. The next FREE COLLEGE enrollment deadline is coming up and it’s always a great time to consider this as you’re making your New Years’ resolutions! This program offers union members opportunities to build a new future, offering no-cost tuition and books, available advising and tutoring, and fully transferable credits, all from Eastern Gateway Community College. Eastern Gateway (EGCC) is a public, nonprofit, fully accredited college that is accessible online. All UFCW members and their families (including grandchildren!) are eligible.
Enrollment is currently open for the next session of spring classes that begin on the second Monday of 2020, so be sure to apply by the first week of January.
There are now 23 program offerings available including 9 new areas of study:
- PROFESSIONAL OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- TEACHER EDUCATION DE-GREE (Associate of Arts)
- CYBER SECURITY
- DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- PROGRAM-MING AND DEVELOPMENT
- DATA SCIENCE
- HOSPITALITY: EVENT MANAGEMENT HOSPITALITY: HOTEL AND CONVENTION MANAGEMENT.
To learn more, to apply, and for a full list of FAQs and other details, please visit UFCW Inter-national’s Free College page at www.ufcw.org/college. Thanks, as always, for reading and for being a member of Local 555.
Wishing you all the best this holiday season,