UFCW Local 555 Social Media Community Guidelines
Created January 3rd, 2019
Published January 8th, 2019
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are experiencing a workplace issue, please contact your union rep directly. Many issues are time-sensitive and can only be handled by your representative; precious time may be lost if these questions are routed through our social media pages.
The passion of UFCW Local 555 members and the larger community is central to what makes our union great. Local 555 manages a number of social media channels in an effort to promote a supportive and informative space for members, their loved ones, and friends of labor in Oregon and Southwest Washington (and beyond!).
By interacting with our social media channels (including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) you agree to abide by our Community Guidelines, listed below. The Local reserves the right to moderate comments that violate these guidelines. Users who are in repetitive or gross violation of these guidelines may be blocked from accessing these pages.
Persons blocked from UFCW Local 555 social media pages are still permitted and encouraged to access any and all resources from The Local and may contact their union representative if they need assistance doing so. If you feel an unfair decision has been made, please contact your rep or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The nature of unions is collaborative, so we may use what is shared on our pages for our own content. We will generally seek permission from the original creator of content before posting.
- Abuse of any kind is not tolerated. This includes:
- Harassing, stalking, or threatening any individual or group.
- Hate speech, vulgarity, and excessive profanity
- Defamatory language
- We ask commentary to stay on topic. If there is a topic you would like to see addressed on our pages, please contact us through private messaging on those platforms, or email us at email@example.com. Suggestions are appreciated and are used whenever possible.
- Fraudulent, misleading, and unlawful comments will be removed and may be reported to relevant authorities.
- Please don’t spam or “flood” the comments.
- For your own safety, please don’t publicly post your personal information such as phone number, home or work address, or email address.
- If it is true, kind, and helpful or otherwise necessary, please share!